Blog Categories:

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Old Mill Soapstone - Charlottesville, Roanoke, DC Metro


I discovered Old Mill Soapstone a few years ago when updating our bathroom. (We have one bathroom in our little bungalow and were in desperate need of two sinks to save the peace!) We enlisted a friend to build the cabinet and chose soapstone for the counter. It is now one of my favorite touches in our home. The soapstone adds warmth and grounds the room, I'm totally hooked!


I was excited to finally meet Sally O'Brien, from Old Mill Soapstone, in person when she came to Black Dog the other day. Her friends were raving about her front porch made of soapstone scraps, so I asked Sally to send me some pictures. She wet the porch to show the variation in stone and I'm now thinking of our next project :) A terrific example of 'green building' and reuse!

If you are in need of soapstone, please give them a call! They are great folks to work with and travel the east coast for installations.

Old Mill Soapstone
540-967-4788
www.oldmillsoapstone.com


No comments: